Well, blast the ram’s horn and announce the celebration. The year of joy begins. A few days into the New Year, my blogger and real time friend Annette H (Abba’s Girl) sent me an email. She said she believed she had a word for me for 2010 and that word was “Joy.” I received it with a little trepidation because honestly as has been my experience, when God has a plan for you to experience joy it might involve a way to know joy amid some strange circumstances that may or may not involve a little pain.
So, tomorrow I walk with great expectation into the celebration of my official jubilee year of life, the big 5-0! I can hardly believe the 40s passed so quickly. Much happened during the last decade, and I anticipate much of the next to be just as filled with the bumpy road of life. But I wouldn’t have it any other way! The great garden of joys wouldn’t be so complete had they not been watered by the tears of sorrow, fertilized by the proverbial dung of disappointment and failures, and encouraged by the sunshine of His Love. Just for fun, I’m doing a little spin off of Oprah’s column and sharing a little of “What I Know For Sure”, unapologetically in list form, for an easier read:
1. Life is a gift from God.
2. God is the Gift.
3. Jesus made it so.
4. Love and relationship are more about living life than any other thing.
5. Doing the hard thing is worth it.
6. Loving the unlovable is possible.
7. Smiles make everyone feel better.
8. Balance makes for a smoother ride.
9. Marriage is a school of learning for eternity.
10. The joy of being a mother still amazes me.
11. Life is hard.
12. Life is sweet.
13. This world is not my home.
14. God is a first thing.
15. Family is a close second.
16. Hard work is satisfying.
17. Friends make great life traveling companions.
18. Good health is not to be taken for granted.
19. Learning is transformational.
20. Each day is what you make of it.
If you have any one thing you know for sure to add to my list, what would that be? I re-iterate #17 and thank my blogging friends that share life with me. You all do make life more joyful along the way. Receive joy and celebrate! Give Him glory today for TODAY!